Saturday, June 23, 2012

Bandwagon Saturday: Call Me Maybe




Call Me Maybe

This isn’t really a bandwagon, but it is something that is very big right now. Now on with the post:


If you have not heard of this song, you obviously do not live in this universe because this song is EVERYWHERE. It all started with some YouTube video of Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, and others dancing to this song and what not. Next thing you know, this song is on the radio and every teeny bopper in America is singing “Call Me Maybe”. Let me just say that I actually really liked this song when it first came out! I still do (to a point).


Next was the release of the music video and I loved it. At first it struck me as cheesy and an average teenage girl music video, but the ending more than made up for it! If you haven’t seen it, click the following link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWNaR-rxAic


Now this is the part where I told you how this song got out of control. Not only was this song played every waking moment on the radio. Not only was everyone everywhere singing this catchy tune. But then, the chorus became the center of all alterations for jokes. Here is a list of some of these changes:



“Hey I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But I’m a pokemon,
So choose me maybe”

 
“Hey I just me you,
Girl you look crazy,
What brand’s your makeup,
Crayola maybe?”




And then they just got plain weird…


“Hey I just met you
And this is lazy
But can you tie my shoes?
Thanks random lady”

“Hey I  just met you
And this is crazy
But I’m a potato
And I float in gravy”

“Hey I just met you
And this is crazy
Get in the van.”


So there ya have it! All the crazy changes people made to this one song. Trust me, the list goes on so if you want to read more, Google them.



Photo creds: http://www.uproxx.com/music/2012/05/the-12-best-call-me-maybe-image-parodies-on-the-internet/#page/10
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_Me_Maybe




1 comment:

  1. It's Hannah!!!! Omg I love you Gelila and Victoria!!! Well...maybe not Victoria :p but seriously, this blog is a great idea and If you want anyone to interview...(;

    Lots of Love,
    Hannah G. (your best friend forevs

    ReplyDelete