Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tuesday Tips: Dealing with Siblings



I have been observing that a lot of my friends have sibling troubles. I’m sure they're not the only ones. I mean I’ve seen plenty of T.V. shows and movies on this topic! I have a little sister of my own and we are pretty close in age. Like all siblings, we get into arguments. So here are some tips on how to handle different situations!




Teenager with a teenager sibling: This is a common scenario. You’re a junior, they’re a freshman (like me and my sis) and you have arguments about a variety of things. That includes them trying to borrow your clothes, not giving you your space, or even the older sibling trying to tell you what to do every waking moment. I think the best way to try and deal with a fellow teenager is just tell them. I know this won’t work in all cases but both of you are old enough to try and come to an understanding. Also, try and spend time together. Go to the mall or a movie!




Teenager with a kid sibling: You’re a teenager. You’re older, wiser, and more mature (or so you think). However a lot of the times, having a kid sibling can bring out the kid in us and you don’t realize how childish you’re acting. I feel like kid siblings are the hardest to deal with because kids can be at that rebellious and mischievous stage while also trying to be grown up like you. Whether you know it or not, you’re kind of their role model. I suggest that you try to include them in some of your life, and they might be satisfied. Also, try to sit them down and set boundaries. After, feel free to have some alone time or friend time like all good teenagers need. Remember, your siblings tend to look up to you, so be something they’re proud of.




Teenager with an infant sibling: You are sixteen, going on seventeen, but surprise! Your parents had a baby! This can be a shockwave to the way you live. Now you have to deal with dirty diapers, crying noises, baby food and toys everywhere, but also a new human being. Not going to lie, it can get overwhelming. Especially since all of your parents free time will be devoted to this baby. My advice is to try to help with the new baby. It will help free up your parents time so they have more time for you. While you can help, you’re not the parent, so still make sure to take time for yourself to hang with your friends and other stuff you need to do.





That is all for this Tuesday!




Photo cred: teendiariesonline.com
http://parentingteens.about.com/b/2012/04/09/parents-start-talking-to-teens-about-dating-and-dating-violence-early.htm
thebreak.hubpages.com


No comments:

Post a Comment